Monday, April 4, 2011

T. Kyle's Kolumn: I Am (Sort Of) The Femme Fatale... AKA Becoming Britney

 
 

Sent to you by donellfactory via Google Reader:

 
 

via MTV Buzzworthy Blog by T. Kyle MacMahon on 4/4/11

Usually in my Buzzworthy column I write about Britney. But recently I got the chance to actually BE Britney. Here's how.

So, back in my good ol' college days at the Fashion Institute of Technology, I used to run the on-campus programming board, and our biggest event is the annual Drag Show called the Ms. FIT Pageant. This year I was asked to return as one of four VIP alumni judges," and obviously I jumped at the opportunity. I performed "Gimme More" and "Piece Of Me" back in 2007, and in 2008 I did "Womanizer" and "Circus." Obviously for my "comeback" performance I knew I had to do "Hold It Against Me."

Since I've seen the video for "Hold It Against Me" 8,402 times already I instantly knew the look I wanted to go for. I got to be Britney Spears for a day... kind of.

My first thought when planning my performance was: "OMG Kyle! Spray people with paint just like in the video!" Well... that obviously would have been a mess, so I chose the next best option, silly string. I stitched together a white dress using a full-size bed sheet from K-Mart, and I crazy-glued some sequin trimming onto it. (Please, I'm not THAT classy.) On my hands I had some insane LED raver gloves that glowed from the fingertips -- thanks, Mom! For the "dance" routine I chose a Britney-esque all black glittery ensemble and borrowed some hooker boots from a friend. Lastly, I made sure that I had attractive and talented dancers behind me, just like Britney. (Because I'm definitely not a dancer.)

Out of the entire routine, the three seconds I felt most like Britney:

Yes, I totally made a GIF of myself hair.. er, wig flipping like Britney.

Dancing in heels is probably the most painful physical act on the planet, and I don't know how girls do it. I won't even get into the process known as "makeup." I pretty much had to use sandpaper to get everything off my face. Yikes. Don't expect to see me on the next season of "RuPaul's Drag Race"!

SO, that was my experience Britney for one night. Looks like Britney loved it. What did you guys think of my Britney transformation?


 
 

Things you can do from here:

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment