Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Hoy In Mi Gente News: Demi Lovato Is Also Bulimic And Bi-Polar

 
 

Sent to you by donellfactory via Google Reader:

 
 

via Bossip by EditorialGrrl on 4/20/11

Demi Lovato for Seventeen Magazine

And again, by no means do we mean to downplay mental health or eating disorders…

But all this compulsive sharing is making Demi Lovato seem a little suspect right now.

Demi tells People, "When I was 15, I was only eating a meal a day … When I was about 15, I was only eating two meals a week, but I wasn't losing any more weight because my body adjusted to that. So I tried new things: laxatives, fasts — nothing was working. I decided maybe I should start throwing up. At my worst, I was doing it five times a day. I threw up so hard and so much, it was just blood in the toilet."

Among Demi's other brave admissions:

On her now infamous fight with dancer Alex Welch: "I was manic. I was hurt. I just exploded. Everything built up to this point, and I took it out on someone who was my friend."

On if it was her decision to seek treatment: "Yes and no. I flew back to the U.S. and I thought we were going to L.A. My parents were like, 'No, you're going to Dallas. We have the owner of a treatment center waiting to talk to you.'"

On what motivated her weight loss: "The spotlight didn't cause this. It just contributed a little bit. I looked at blogs: I saw nasty comments."

On how she would skip meals: "On lunch breaks on Sonny with a Chance, instead of eating, I would take naps
or I'd say, 'I'd gotta get my nails done!' I'd also go out with my friends more than normal."

On drugs and alcohol: "I'd be lying if I said I never touched anything. Fortunately it never got to a place where I had to be in treatment for it."

On depression: "I've battled depression from a young age. I never found out until I went into treatment that I am bipolar."

On reuniting with old friends: "Selena [Gomez] and I reconnected the first week. We hadn't spoken in a long time. I take the blame; I feel like it was because of the way I'd been acting. She called me and she was the one crying."

On her current eating habits: "My goal for every day is to eat three meals, and that's challenging enough."
On returning to Sonny with a Chance: "I don't know if I could handle being in front of a camera with my body right now."

On staying strong: "It's a struggle I'll probably have to deal with for the rest of my life. But I have so much life to live; I don't want to waste it.

Yeah…. we don't know about this broad. Do you buy it?



 
 

Things you can do from here:

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment