Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Lil Wayne Plans to Retire at 35

 
 

Sent to you by donellfactory via Google Reader:

 
 


Lil Wayne

Lil Wayne has been on his grind since the tender age of 15, but he's already thinking about his exit strategy. With his Young Money protégés Nicki Minaj and Drake proving to be more than one-hit wonders, the 28-year-old spitter has revealed that he's planning on hanging up the mic in seven years.

Speaking with Hot 97's Angie Martinez, Weezy explained that he will have given it his all by the time he hits 35. "This is what happens when you work very, very hard. People think that when you say you work hard, they think you put two extra hours in. This is my life," he said. "That's why retiring at 35 would be a life lived, because this music thing is my life. So retiring at 35 would be enough. I'm 28."

While fellow rappers have declared their retirement from the game and balked, the "6 Foot 7 Foot" rapper made it clear he's not playing around. "This is a solid plan and I'll stick with my plans. I'ma be a dad," he shared of his post-retirement plans, stating he won't be having another child anytime soon. "No! I'm good. I have four. I'm good."

Lucky for fans, Wayne has a heavy schedule. The New Orleans native is currently on his "I Am Music II" tour with Nicki Minaj, Rick Ross, and Travis Barker, and is prepping Tha Carter IV for a May 16 release.

Post to Twitter


 
 

Things you can do from here:

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment