Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Lauryn Hill The Hold Up For Fugees Reunion !! Interview

WHY CLEF? TALKS ABOUT THE FUGEES REUNION!


“For me, I’m comfortable in my skin and I know what my gift is. That’s why I’m able to do it over and over again for a whole lot of different artists, because I love producing. I’m a fan of artists. You gotta understand when I met Lauryn she was 14. Til today I’ve worked with a whole lot of women in the studio…her talent surpasses talent. She’s the best rapper, she’s the best singer. It’s all equal. It’s not like she’s gonna sing a song and when she rhymes she’s gonna slack on it.”


“The Fugees getting back together, the magic of it would have been the trust factor. They gotta be willing to put their career in my hands and I’ve got them. Which means like if I’m like do this in the studio you used to do it before, so why you don’t wanna do it now? So to me they’re great and they’re gonna always be great but the Fugees, it’s better that it leaves the myth vibe. Like the score is a myth when you hear it it’s a myth. It was done in the basement. Like you don’t wanna go from there to do a sequel and you’ve destroyed your complete myth.”

No comments:

Post a Comment