Friday, January 6, 2012

New Video: Dawn Richard, 'SMFU (Save Me From You)'

 
 

Sent to you by donellfactory via Google Reader:

 
 

via MTV Buzzworthy Blog by Jenna Hally Rubenstein on 1/6/12

Dawn Richard, formerly of Danity Kane (reunion album, anyone?) and ex-one-third of Diddy's 2010 project Diddy-Dirty Money is killing the solo game right now. Recently, she released "December Sky" her R&B tinged holiday jam and today, we're treated to the gorgeous new video for "SMFU," the soulful lead single off her forthcoming album GoldenHeart.

Shot in black and white, the emotional clip shows a vulnerable Dawn gazing into the camera as tears run down her face: "I'm tired of waiting, I'm tired of calling/Only for you to let me down/My heart is vacant, no more tears falling."

The singer explained the video concept during a recent visit to "106 & Park": "I was going through something really, really bad and instead of me trying to keep things private, I like to give my vulnerability, make it strong, and put it out there," she said. "And I feel like there's a lot of people who pretend to be a hero, but they really are the villains in this story."

To whoever the villains are in Dawn's life, I guess it's time to send them a big "EFF YOU" -- have you seen those legs? No really, can I get the number of your pilates instructor or something, Dawn?

+ Watch Dawn Richard's "SMFU (Save Me From You)" video.


 
 

Things you can do from here:

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment