Wednesday, March 9, 2011

MAG FEATURE: CHRIS BROWN IN PAGE SIX MAGAZINE, SAYS DONE APOLOGIZING

 
 

Sent to you by donellfactory via Google Reader:

 
 

via CONCRETELOOP.COM by Christine on 3/9/11

Singer Chris Brown will be featured in the free March 10 issue of Page Six Magazine. Two years after his abusive situation with his former girlfriend, Rihanna, the 21 year-old blonde is ready to make his way back into the spotlight.

In an interview with the NY Post publication, Chris Brown talked about his upcoming album, those who supported him during his challenging times and his desire to move on from his dark past:

On staying positive, growing up & ending his apologies:
"People are always gonna talk. But I'm in a positive place. I consider myself a grown-ass man. And at the end of the day, if I walk around apologizing to everybody, I'm gonna look like a damn fool."

On people sticking by him after his mishap:
"A handful of people stuck by me," Chris says, referring to fellow artists such as Pitbull and Pharrell Williams of N.E.R.D. "But when [most] people see certain things happen to somebody, they usually turn away. They don't want to get involved with it because they don't want their name attached to anything negative. Unknowingly, they kind of show their true colors when they do that. But you can't blame people for how they want to be portrayed or if they don't want to be associated with somebody who had a particular mishap."

On what he's learned about being humble:
"People kind of get clouded, and then when they get up to the top, they kind of lose a bit of themselves and they're not as humble. So knowing how it can be taken away and given back and taken away again, it kind of just taught me to be focused."

On his new album, F.A.M.E.:
"Fame is what everybody seeks. I get an adrenaline rush from it. But fame is basically love and hate all in one. Without bad there is no good, without good there is no bad. Everybody who dissed me now wants to say 'Hey.' They wanna get on the record. They wanna let me back in the door. The last two years, everybody dissed me. But my fans were so dedicated. The way I look at it is, you can't walk around mad, because then you just prove everybody right that you're an angry person. So 'F.A.M.E.' means 'Forgiving All My Enemies,' and also 'Fans Are My Everything.' I'm dedicating it to my fans."

[ Source ]

If you're in the NYC area, you can pick up your free copy of Page Six on Wednesday March 10th inside The New York Post. You can also download the application and publication on iTunes.

( Photos: Kareem Black/Page Six Magazine )


 
 

Things you can do from here:

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment